Pressure washers prove to be really handy when you are willing to clean dirty walls, walkway and even a dirty car but a lot of care should be taken while using a pressure washer or else you might end up damaging the equipment or even the surface you are trying to clean. For example, if you use a pressure washer perpendicular to your car’s body, you might simply end up damaging the metal sheet and causing a dent or the least, you may scrape the paint of your car. To avoid that, it is always better to go through the start-up and the user guide for the pressure washer. If you have bought a budget pressure washer and if you are not willing to go through the user guide then you must go through this article as we have listed some of the basic user steps to use the pressure washer.
- Safety is Number 1 – Pressure washers can prove to be fatal and hence it is important to protect your eyes with protective eyeglasses and in addition to this, you may also wear rubber shoes so as to avoid falling on the wet surface.
- Safeguard all the breakable objects – While using a pressure washer, there is a high probability that you might end up misfiring the nozzle which could actually break the glass or the pots around so you should protect the breakable objects by covering them or by moving them.
- Making Power Washer Ready for Use – In the next step, you need to plug in the pressure washer if it is an electric one or else you need to supply the engine with appropriate gas if the pressure washer is a gas operated one.
- Turning on the Water Supply – Do not run the motor without a proper water supply else the motor may get damaged hence always turn on the water supply before going ahead with the cleaning process. The inlet should be connected properly and it should be turned on.
- Filling in the Chemical Cleaner – If you want extra cleaning then you might want to add certain chemical cleaner and hence do the same. Avoid using harsh chemical cleaners as they might damage the system.
- Attaching the Tip to the Nozzle – You get various types of the nozzle for use with the pressure washer. Choose the appropriate one carefully.
- Positioning the Tip and Adjusting the Angel – Always keep the nozzle 2 feet away from the surface and always adjust the angle at 45 degrees else the chances of damaging the surface increases exponentially.
- Cleaning – Now you are ready to fire the nozzle and ensure that you move the nozzle from side to side and do not keep it positioned at one place for a long time. If you are using a detergent then leave the detergent for at least 2 to 5 minutes.
- Flushing and Cleaning the Pressure Washer – After cleaning the surface, you can flush all the liquid out of the pressure washer and let it dry for storing it back.
Now that you have gone through all the steps, you are ready to clean the harsh stains with this invincible machine.